Call for entries for the 2018 Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge
Would you like to be one of six lucky Absa customers to participate in the Absa/City Press Money Makeover competition?
If debt keeps you awake at night and your money is running out long before month end, or if you simply want to take control of your small start-up business or personal finances and grow your wealth, you may be just the person we are looking for.
The 2018 Absa/City Press Money Makeover competition starts in October 2018 and will run over a six-month period, to the end of March 2019.
|To meet last year’s contestants, visit the Money Makeover website where you will find out how they managed to achieve financial freedom.|
During this period, all six candidates will receive expert help to get their finances in order and achieve their unique financial goals. They’ll also stand a chance to win incentive prizes upon reaching certain pre-agreed milestones. At the end of the competition, a cash investment prize will be awarded to the participant who best managed to remain on track and successfully realised their financial goals during the period.
All applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Is over the age of 18;
- Has, or is prepared to open, a transactional account with Absa into which they deposit their monthly salary;
- Earns a monthly salary/income of R20 000 or more (this can be a variable income if you are self-employed or a freelancer); entrepreneurs with a small start-up business are also welcome to enter;
- Is not over-indebted to such an extent that they are blacklisted with legal action taken against them in terms of their debt;
- Is not currently under debt review;
- Is prepared to be filmed, have their photograph taken and have their first name appear in City Press and the social media channels of Absa and City Press;
- Is willing to commit to a six-month personalised financial fitness programme;
- Is serious about successfully completing all the tasks and reaching all the goals assigned to them.
If you are interested in participating, send your responses to the following questions to us by no later than 20 July 2018:
- Why would you like to participate and what do you hope to achieve should you be selected?
- What are your main financial pressures at the moment?
- Are you married and do you have children?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- What has been your worst financial mistake?
- What is your big dream?
Include your full name and surname, ID number, age, region, and Absa account number, and also send us your current monthly budget (income and expenses). Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by no later than 20 July 2018.