The third Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge kicks off early next year and entries are now open.
The competition runs over a six-month period and the six selected participants will receive expert help to get their finances in order and achieve their unique financial goals.
During the six months, each eligible participant will stand a chance to win incentive prizes upon reaching certain pre-agreed milestones.
At the end of the Challenge, a cash investment prize will be awarded to the participant who best managed to remain on track and successfully realised their financial goals during the period.
The competition will run from February 2020 to August 2020.
All applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Must have a transactional account with Absa wherein they deposit their monthly salary.
- Must earn a monthly salary/income of R20 000 or more (this can be a variable income if you are self-employed or a freelancer). Entrepreneurs with a small start-up business are welcome to enter.
- Must not be over-indebted to such an extent that they are blacklisted with legal action taken against them in terms of their debt.
- Must not currently be under debt review.
- Must be prepared to be filmed, have their photograph taken and have their first name appear in City Press and the social media channels of Absa and City Press.
- Must commit to a 6-month personalised financial fitness programme
- Must successfully complete all the tasks and reach all the goals assigned to them.
If you would like to participate, send your responses to the following questions to us by no later than 25 October 2019.
- Why would you like to participate and what do you hope to achieve should you be selected to participate?
- What are your main financial pressures at the moment?
- Are you married and do you have children?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- What has been your worst financial mistake?
- What is your big dream?
Also send your full name and surname, age, region ID number, Absa account number as well as your current monthly budget (income and expenses) to email@example.com. Closing date is 25 October 2019.
To find out more about the Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge you can read about last year’s contestants on the City Press website.