The City Press Money Makeover Challenge is once again open for applications. There are only six places available so only the most committed applicants will be considered.
If your debt keeps you awake at night and your money is running out long before month end, or if you simply want to take control of your small start-up business or personal finances and grow your wealth, you may be just the person we are looking for.
To provide you with some inspiration, listen to this podcast where we interviewed our 2020 winners Catherien and Nono.
What you need to know
The Money Makeover Challenge will run over a six-month period during which candidates will receive expert help to get their finances in order and achieve their unique financial goals.
Each candidate will be paired with their own financial adviser, and there will be incentive prizes up for grabs during the Challenge for candidates who reach certain pre-agreed milestones.
At the end of the challenge, a cash investment prize will be awarded to the participant who best managed to remain on track and successfully achieved their financial goals during the period.
All applicants need to meet the following criteria.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Must have a transactional account with Absa into which they deposit their monthly salary, or be prepared to open an Absa account.
- Must earn a net monthly salary/income of R20 000 or more (this can be a variable income if you are self-employed or a freelancer). Entrepreneurs with a small start-up business are welcome to enter.
- Must not be over-indebted to such an extent that they are blacklisted with legal action taken against them in terms of their debt.
- Must not currently be under debt review.
- Must be prepared to be filmed, have their photograph taken and have their first name appear in City Press and the social media channels of Absa and City Press.
- Must commit to a 6-to-8-month personalised financial fitness programme.
- Must successfully complete all the tasks and reach all the goals assigned to them.
If you are interested in participating, tell us about yourself and send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 April 2023:
- Your full name and surname
- Your age
- The city where you live
- Your ID number
- Your current monthly budget (income and expenses)
You also need to include your answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to participate and what do you hope to achieve should you be selected to participate?
- What are your main financial pressures at the moment?
- Are you married and do you have children?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- What has been your worst financial mistake?
- What is your big dream?
Remember to get the applications to us well before the 21 April 2023 deadline. Only applicants who provide all of the required information and answers to the above questions will be considered.