Speaker, MC, Author & Award-Winning Finance Writer
Please book Maya for an event or obtain a quote via email:
Maya’s Public Profile
As an award-winning journalist and well-respected Money Maven, Maya educates South Africans through her multimedia platforms, talks and workshops to take control of their financial lives and make the financial system work for them.
Through her media presence Maya has a high level of engagement with her audience providing insight into the South African financial consumer.
Having worked for six years in the financial industry in private banking and stockbroking and over 15 years as a financial journalist, Maya has a deep understanding of the world of money.
Maya has an honours degree in Economics from the University of Witwatersrand.
Master of Ceremonies
- Discovery Life Round Table
- Intel conference
- South African Venture Capital Association Annual Conference
- Sanlam Benchmark Symposium
- Kanan Wealth
- Momentum Bring your Daughter to Work
- Standard Bank Women’s Wealth programme
- Alexander Forbes Women’s Day Breakfast
- Old Mutual Investment Roadshow
- Vodacom Graduate Programme
- Deltabec Staff Programme
- Reinvent Women SA
- Glacier by Sanlam staff programme
- Momentum Women’s Day Programme
Editor of My Money My Lifestyle, the personal finance section of national Sunday newspaper
Host and content creator of ‘Money Matters’ a TV segment providing short, relevant, financial tips.
Author of Maya on Money: Implement your Money Plan
Presenter: My Money My Lifestyle podcast
WORK WITH ME
- Video and podcast host
- Corporate partnerships
- Workshops and Seminars
- Consulting on consumer
- Insights and financial education
- 2005 Best Newcomer in Sanlam Awards for Excellence in Financial Journalism
- 2013, 2015, 2017 Winner of Sanlam Awards for Excellence in Financial Journalism: Consumer Financial Education
- Top 10 Investment Blogs in South Africa: Feedspot
- Local and International Speaker
W E B S I T E U S E R S E V E R Y M O N T H
S O C I A L M E D I A F O L L O W E R S
N E W S L E T T E R S U B S C R I B E R S
Thank you most sincerely for a wonderful and thought-provoking talk to all our special lady clients. We have had an incredible response and it is always lovely to be on the receiving end of all the praise. Keep doing what you are doing and that is making a difference in people’s lives
I wanted to extend a sincere thank you for your valuable insights and participation. Your perspective was a large part of what made our event a success and in my humble opinion, our greatest summit to date.
We would like to thank you for your key involvement in the SiO2018 event this week and for your insightful, and at times, uncomfortable talk, for both Silica and all our clients and guests. Your contribution was both inspiring and enlightening and will no doubt create some exponential thinking and (hopefully) actions in the savings and investment world. The feedback we have received is that your talk was one of the best on the day, and that the audience really enjoyed listening to your views and observations.
Thanks very much from all of us at Glacier for being a world-class partner in one of the biggest projects in our calendar